- Driven by the 90s revival and Gossip Girl reboot, chunky loafers are a preppy staple turned “it” shoe, claiming their place outside the office.
- A high volume trend, there are 15.7k average weekly searches for chunky loafers, +199% to last year.
- Currently a top market mover with 31% of new SKUs out of stock, market adoption for chunky loafers is +14% in the last 30 days.
- Chunky loafers have a strong engagement rating and social buzz is +17% to last year.
- Other shoe trends that are starting to grow include brown kitten heels (+1,007% to LY), mary jane pumps (+66% to LY), and chunky heel boots (+14% to LY). A safe bet, chain mules (+104% to LY) have been growing for a year and are expected to continue growing for another year.
- Luxury brands like Gucci and Prada are pushing the chunky loafer trend into next season with lug sole loafers appearing in their SS22 collections.
- TL Forecast: Chunky loafers are expected to continue growing over the next year with 70% confidence.
If you’re interested in becoming a Trendalytics member and want to learn more about trends that are growing — and dying, please contact [email protected].