Trendalytics is a data insights platform transforming the way retailers and brands make assortment and inventory decisions through data. Consumers know what they want and we are listening. Trendalytics decodes these consumer and market demands signals to surface up what consumers want today and tomorrow.
Trendalytics is proud to work with many of fashion’s biggest names and industry leaders including Saks Fifth Avenue, Kohl’s, Ulta Beauty, StitchFix, Revolve, and Ross. Our Product Team is a critical function within the company and is the bridge between our customers, our tech, and our business goals.
About The Role
We are looking for a talented Data Analyst who is eager to solve complex and intellectually stimulating problems related to social media, search and e-commerce big-data sets, natural language and image processing computational challenges.
- Develop data analytics heuristic and algorithmic solutions that can be repeatedly applied to new data in a production enterprise-software environment.
- Apply techniques based on predictive, behavioral or other models via statistical analysis and use of relevant modeling tools and libraries.
- Design and develop production-ready code using various programming environments including Python, Node.js, AngularJS, NoSQL, SQL and others.
- Present findings to all levels of the organization, including peers, senior management and customers.
This individual will help manage end to end feature development. This includes ticket creation and management, product acceptance testing, as well as product release planning. Additionally, you will work closely with all cross-functional team members, extracting insights from our platform, analyzing usage behavior, and researching broader market and competitive shifts to identify opportunities for the product and the greater business.
Who You Are
This is a great role for anyone interested in learning all aspects of product management and development at a software startup. As we are a data-focused business, we are looking for someone who has a background in analytics and enjoys working with large amounts of data to derive insights. Strong interest or knowledge in the fashion retail space is a plus.
What You’ll Do
- Work on large data sets of structured, semi-structured unstructured data to discover data insights and collaborate with business partners to deliver business value through these insights.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting to support content & business teams
- Manage special projects
- Provide product support for clients and internal team. Serve as the first point of escalation
- Research market shifts, new technologies/data sources, customer news, and competitive developments to inform product and business decisions.
Who We’re Looking For
- Extensive experience solving analytic problems using quantitative approaches and a proven passion for generating insights from data.
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods generally, and particularly in the areas of modeling and business analytics.
- Experience in designing data insight solutions using technologies such as Python, Hadoop/Hive, HBase, NoSQL, SQL and working with statistical tools like SAS, Matlab, R/Rapid Miner is preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- 2+ years of professional experience in an analytical or data-focused role
- Superior excel skills. Able to extract meaningful insights from large amounts of data
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, capable of juggling multiple priorities at once
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build relationships and effectively collaborate with internal partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a scrappy, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment
- Knowledge or interest in fashion trends (bonus)
Trendalytics is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Trendalytics are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.