Trendalytics is at the forefront of predictive retail analytics. Our web-based platform provides our clients with a 360° view on consumer and market demand, transforming billions of indicators across search, social media, and e-commerce into actionable insights. Trendalytics works with many of fashion’s biggest names and industry leaders including Macy’s, Ulta Beauty, StitchFix, Free People, and Kohl’s; helping them drive more profitable decisions through data.
About The Role
Trendalytics is built from the ground up to seamlessly collect and merge Google search, social media, and e-commerce product data into a single ecosystem. We apply ML and statistical models to our data to extract predictive insights and market intelligence for our retail clients. As the Principal Architect, you will have the opportunity to design and lead the implementation of our next-gen platform and build out the company’s engineering team. If having an impact and working in a fast-paced agile environment excites you, we’d love to hear from you. We are open to candidates located across the United States (remote/work from home).
- Design, implement and manage data pipelines at enterprise scale with unit testing, data migration, and production data maintenance.
- Design and develop new framework and automation tools to enable teams to consume and understand data faster. Enhance, refine and implement existing applications and systems.
- Formulate and refine analytics algorithms leveraging data from search, social, and e-commerce in time series, text, and image-based formats.
- Responsible for development, testing, documentation, and analysis of modules or features of distributed software systems and products.
- Work closely with product and business teams to translate user feedback and company vision into a technical roadmap.
- Develop accurate time, cost, and resource estimates for developing and maintaining systems.
- 7+ years professional software development experience with data warehousing, data architecture, ETL data pipeline and/or data engineering environments at enterprise scale.
- SQL (PostgreSQL, etc) experience required, No-SQL (ElasticSearch, MongoDB) experience a plus.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Python required. Comfortable with Django and/or Flask API.
- Experience with major cloud service providers AWS, GCP, as well as Kubernetes. Other backend microservices are a plus.
- Engineering leadership skills – you are able to run a small team, take ownership, and drive projects to success.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate technical details to non-technical audiences.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Trendalytics is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Trendalytics are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.