Trendalytics is at the forefront of predictive retail analytics. Our web-based platform provides our clients with a 360° view on consumer and market demand, transforming billions of indicators across search, social media, and e-commerce into actionable insights. Trendalytics works with many of fashion’s biggest names and industry leaders including Macy’s, Ulta Beauty, StitchFix, Free People, and Kohl’s; helping them drive more profitable decisions through data.
About The Role
Trendalytics is built from the ground up to seamlessly collect and merge Google search, social media, and e-commerce product data into a single ecosystem. We apply ML and statistical models on our data to extract predictive insights and market intelligence for our retail clients. As the Tech Lead / Sr. Python Developer, you will have the opportunity to design and lead the implementation of our next-gen platform and build out the company’s engineering team. If having impact and working in a fast-paced agile environment excites you, we’d love to hear from you. We are open to candidates located across the United States (remote / work from home).
- Design and develop new framework and automation tools to enable teams to consume and understand data faster. Enhance, refine and implement existing applications and systems.
- Formulate and refine analytics algorithms leveraging data from search, social and e-commerce in time series, text and image-based formats.
- Responsible for development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of distributed software systems and products.
- Design, implement and manage data pipelines at enterprise scale with unit testing, data migration and production data maintenance.
- Work closely with product and business teams to translate user feedback and company vision into technical roadmap.
- 5+ years of professional development experience in Python required. Comfortable with Django and/or Flask API.
- 3+ years professional software development experience with data warehousing, data architecture, ETL data pipeline and/or data engineering environments at enterprise scale.
- SQL (PostgreSQL, etc) experience required, No-SQL (ElasticSearch, MongoDB) experience a plus.
- Experience with major cloud service providers AWS, GCP, as well as Kubernetes is a plus.
- Engineering leadership skills – you are able to run a small team, to take ownership, and to drive projects to success.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate technical details to non-technical audiences.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Trendalytics is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Trendalytics are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.